1. What is the main thing we notice when looking at the image? (the primary visual impact of the viewer)
2. What are the main formal causes of this primary effect? It’s just the formal design or the subject? How do lines, shapes, tones, volumes, textures and patterns interact with the viewer?
3. Which was the intention of the photographer? Why would this photo be made and how would it be used?
4. Is there any creativity and innovation in the photo? What do we see as the most innovative and creative aspects?
5. Is there any meaning or any symbols underlying in the photo that give it a special meaning?
6. Finally, we analyzed the technique of the work:
6.1. Is the light (not the exposure) the right one in terms of direction and quality?
6.2. Is the camera angle the most appropriate?
6.3. Could the photo be improved by cropping it?
6.4. Does the depth of field and focus help to the visual impact?
6.5. Is the contrast the right one; should it be lowered or augmented?
6.6. Burn in or dodge parts of the image enhance the formal design of the image?
6.7. If some special technique (like Photoshop art filters, textures or color saturation) are used, does really help to the overall impact; does it add any special meaning or creative approach?