Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Van la foudroyée

Normally, I'm good at translating but I soon arrived at my limits when reading the beautiful poem by Artavazd. Even though I understand the feeling inspired by one of my photographs, and probably translating it would only mean to explain my feelings while looking down to this man-made Hiroshima - I can't. That's why Artavazd is a poet, and I'm not.



My favourite line: "Van la foudroyée elève son ultime chant", "Lightning-struck Van rises
to sing her last song", "A villám-sújtotta Van elénekli utolsó dalát".


http://armeniantrends.blogspot.com/2010/01/van.html



Approcher
Ces sables fuyants
En contrepoint
L’escarpement
Pietà blanche
Evanouie.
Fouler
A nouveau
Ces ruelles
Places, cours
Se perdre
Dédale
Où sourdent
Tant de cris
Soudain
Les formes
Ressurgissent
Regards, plis
Courbures
Ombres de corps.
Qui dira
Ce lent engloutissement
Si lointain
Familier
Aube d’Hiroshima
Où palpitent
Des foules
Anéanties.
Van la foudroyée
Elève
Son ultime chant.

No comments: